How does it work?
- Non-electrical high energy sound waves pass through the body via a hand held probe. These shock waves produce a rapid increase in blood circulation to the target area and break down fibrous scar tissue
- By increasing circulation and breaking down scar tissue, shockwave therapy will stimulate cell regeneration and promote a normal healing response and provide a rapid reduction in pain, which results in restoring normal functioning.
What does shockwave therapy treat?
- Shoulder pain (including frozen shoulder)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Hip pain
- Heel pain
- Chronic neck dysfunction
- Tibial stress syndrome (shin pain)
- Patellar tendonitis (jumper's knee)
Medical effects include:
- New blood vessel formation (repairs tissue damage)
- Reversal of chronic inflammation (helps restore normal healing and regeneration)
- Stimulation of collagen production (helps repair damaged muscular and ligamentous structures)
- Dissolution of calcified fibroblasts (helps reverse calcium build up as a result of micro tears or other trauma)
- Dispersion of pain mediator (decreases substance P and triggers pain relief)
Release of trigger points (reverses the build up of waste products thus reducing pain)